Building a Best Practices Community
Please join us for our seventh annual conference!
Thursday, Sept. 19th – Saturday, Sept. 21th, 2019
Welcome Reception 5:30 – 7 PM on Thursday, Sept. 19th, 2019
Many thanks to Prolumina, our conference sponsor, for providing our AV needs since 2013!
Sample Conference Topics This Year:
- The art of enacting legislation for your state – expert lobbyist, Camille Cooper, will tell you how it’s done
- Can contagious diseases be transmitted between humans and dogs?
- Engaging “tricks” to teach your dog
- Facility dogs joining the US Air Force, their assignment – working at the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office.
- Managing Illness, Loss and the Retirement of Your Facility Dog
Tuition and Registration
The $385 tuition includes two full days of engaging presentations, two delicious buffet lunches, and complimentary morning and afternoon coffee and tea.
The International Courthouse Dogs® Conference is designed for Professionals Working in the Legal System:
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Victim Advocates and Social Workers
- Attorneys and Judges
- Forensic Interviewers
- Children’s Advocacy Center Staff Members
- Treatment Court Providers and Probation Officers
- CASA/GAL Staff and Volunteers
- Staff Members from Accredited Assistance Dog Organizations
Please note: Information offered at this conference will be based on the best practices model of incorporating a certified facility dog (a graduate of an accredited assistance dog organization) handled by a working professional providing services in the legal system. Courthouse Dogs Foundation does not recommend the inclusion of pet therapy dogs handled by volunteers in this field due to legal and safety considerations.